Thursday 20 June 2013

Affordable Designer Clothing…Is It Possible?

Hello! Tonight's post is about whether designer clothing is becoming more affordable for people who don't have large salaries. Now when most hear the word designer, they think expensive…and their right! But there are more and more companies rising to fame for their ability to provide designer clothing to the general public without the designer price. I am obsessed with fashion, but as a student I can't afford to wear it…until now! In the UK theres a large and very successful company called TK Maxx (www.tkmaxx.com, this is one of my favourite stores, and I'm sure you can guess why :) This store is FILLED with designer items!!! (I'm getting excited to go to this store whilst writing this! :D) Usually they have clothes sections for all ages and supply all types of clothing, bags, coats, jackets, belts, wallets etc (EVERYTHING!) and the best part, its all designer! Apart from this they also have a homeware department where they supply designer kitchenware, furniture, pillows and anything else you'd need for a stylish home. As well as this they always have fragrances, food section, luggage section and electrical section. Now all of the stock supplied and sold is pretty much 'designer', usually the homeware and kitchenware is designer in their own way, in that its usually by well respected people in that area who have started their own brand, but their usually of a high quality. Now the whole point of TK Maxx is that everything their is discounted. Each price tag will usually have the original price and the TK Maxx price. None of the stuff in this store is likely to be current season clothes as the price reduction wouldn't be possible, but they have such a range of designers and styles. I can't describe to you how amazing the deals can be in there, I have bought designer jumpers from there which have been discounted by…hundreds (no joke). Everything in their (food included) is usually made to a high standard but sometimes you will notice that the clothing has been damaged in some way, so always look at it carefully! But I really think you should try and visit one if these stores, it is an AMAZING experience! So far I have gained clothes or accessories from brands including Michael Kors, DKNY, Calvin Klein and my mum has bought Valentino and I have seen Dolce&Gabbana. I'd also just like to add that you should take a look at websites like Secret Sales and BrandAlley as these are again both discount companies which sell designer products at a discounted price. They also sell some pretty amazing brands! Also there's a site I recently joined called BigWardrobe ( www.bigwardrobe.com ). This is great as it allows users to post their own clothes and accessories they no longer want or want to sell, and can swap with others so you could swap your shoes for someone else's shoes (without spending a penny!) or you can buy a fashion item. They have such a HUGE range and some very successful brands. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps you in finding affordable designer clothes. Please follow me on twitter ( @StylishEngland ) and comment and check back tomorrow for a new post. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for attractive and stylish discount designer clothing, I know it’s never been so easy to find stylish clothes at discounted prices but yeah, everyone loves to wear beautiful and fashionable clothing these days in affordable prices.

    Discount Designer Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Getting comments on posts + reading and replying to them is one of the most rewarding things about blogging. I can't tell you how happy it makes me so please leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you and I'll always do my best to reply. Thank you! :)